LCD Tacho Problem

I'm sorry for typing in English, because my Deutsch is week! Hope that you'll understand. I'm from Serbia, by the way...
    I have problem with my LCD tacho. Background behind numbers that indicates speed is green when I start my car. After 30 minutes of driving, or more in the middle spot there is red spot, and after more driving it becomes bigger, and bigger! I figured, that it have some connection with heatnes. When outside temperature is about 20C, that spot is smaller, but if for example outside temperature is 33C, that spot is bigger.
    I' ll try to translate...

Es tut mir leid, dass, um auf Englisch zu tippen, weil mein Deutsch Woche ist! Hoffen Sie, dass Sie verstehen werden. Ich bin von Serbien übrigens...
    Ich habe Problem mit meiner LCD tacho. Der Hintergrund hinter Zahlen, der Geschwindigkeit anzeigt, ist grün, wenn ich mein Auto anfange. Nach 30 Minuten des Fahrens, oder mehr im mittleren Punkt gibt es roten Punkt, und nach mehr Fahren es wird größer, und größer! Ich erschien, dass es etwas Verbindung mit heatnes hat. Wenn außerhalb der Temperatur über 20C ist, ist dieser Punkt kleiner, aber wenn zum Beispiel außerhalb der Temperatur 33C ist, ist dieser Punkt größer.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2jdomyo.jpg

hello, think your problem is that a electrical part behind the lcd numbers is getting to hot. i think you should open the lcd and check out which part that is an localize and replace it. i have a lcd that i can use for spare parts but i think it is to expensive to ship it to serbia. if i can help you just tell me.

I have never opened LCD, but i'll try it. I thought, that heatnes is coming from the engine, so i put cardboard for isolation, but it didn't helped.
    Is it problem to change that part, wich is heating? I'm asking that, because i can find broken LCD for 20 Euro, and correct for 40 Euro here.
    If it's problem, I will buy myself a correct one!

no not the engine ;) . hm. the back of the lcd is mounted wie little screws. they just can be opened with a special tool. but if you use a "dremel" or a similar sort of tool you can cut a slot in the screw so that it can be opened with a usual screwdriver. replace those special screws with usual screws afterwards. once opened the lcd it is easy to remove the two clusters just unscrew and put out. but there is a connector you have to prise out carefully.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kadett2005 ()

I have a lot of tools, thats not problem, mate.
    All I have asking is, when I open my LCD, can I replace that parts easily or I must use soldering-iron and bunch of other things? Is it integrated part on a printed board, od separeted part that can be easily removed?
    I'm asking, because I need my Kadett every day, and if I remove LCD, and make some mess or broke something, i'm without car for a few days!
    :)
    Thanks for helping, mate!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von somi_kac ()

well i do not know which part exactly makes the problem. if i would be you i would buy another lcd. the lcd is built up very simple. when you put out the screws on the back cover you can remove it. then you will find the first electronic panel. another screws to lose you can lift it and unplug the connector carefully. then you will see the second electronic panel which does obviously the problem. this one can removed easily too and be replaced. i would not start to try to repair one of those panels. i would just replace it completely. if you are carefull you barely can damage anything. so order another lcd, open it and check it. you will see how easy it is built up. once you found out how to disassemble and assemble it you can decide whether you dare to repair the lcd built in your car.

you surely can buy a good one and replace the whole lcd completely but in that case the amount of shown kilometres is different. (even that could be changed).

a very serious point is when you remove the second panel. after that comes the plastic frames with the lcds they are connected to the second panel by little rubber-like connectorstrips. they are not mounted, just laid in. make sure not to lose them and to have them perfectly in place before reassembling the panel.

oh you obviously never removed the lcd of your car before. so the lcd is connected with your kadett with two plugs. a black big one which is easily to plug out. just press together its ends. the other plug is different its white and it has a black small plastic part on its back. you have too pull out this little plastic part. so that the plug is unblocked.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von kadett2005 ()

I have Kadett 1.6, and I inserted LCD and Boardcompurer and connected wires all by my self, so I know what to do with connectors.
    But, I have never opened it! I have opened Boardcomputer to change butons, but LCD never.
    By the way, I got new one with warranty, if something isn't right. Now I have two LCD's, and i can take another one without lightbulbs. I'll open it anyway, so thanks for usefull tips and tricks...
    I owe you...
    ;)

good so take the sparepart-lcd to open and check. you will see it is much easier than you would think. if you need any information (and even if its to change the shown mileage *whisper*) tell me.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kadett2005 ()

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!