lowered springs for Caravan

Hello to everybody
    I am Pier from Italy.
    I own a kadett C Caravan 1.2 S and I have just bought a kadett D Caravan 1.2 S.

I am having problems to find a set of lowering springs for my kadett D Caravan.
    I am looking for it everywhere but it seems there are only for the sedan version and not for the Caravan.

I know that the shocks of E Caravan are the same with those of D Caravan.
    But what about the springs.
    How can I lower the D Caravan?
    Or where can I buy a set of lowered springs?

I hope that somebody can help me in some way.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Italy to every kadettman.
    Pier (kadettfan)

ps Sorry but I don't understand German language.

hi pier!

first, sorry for my bad english ;)
    to find a suspension-kit for a caravan will be really hard.

the problem is, that years ago only a set off 20mm lowering springs was selled by "H&R".
    @all: if i am wrong, plz correct me!

pier again: for the front springs u can use lowering springs from sedan version, but for the back springs there is no 100% legal alternative.
    most people use the normal springs from sedan version, then u got a lowering setting of circa 40mm, but than it will be hard to find a technical reviewer, who accept these.

i hope u can understand what i said and it helps?!

with nice regards a friendly "kadettfan" ^^

Kraft kommt von Kraftstoff! :bier:

Hello ClearFist
    you english is perfect.
    Really thanks for your reply and I do understand what you have written.

So, for the front I can use lowered springs for the sedan and for the rear? Do you mean the ORIGINAL rear springs of the Sedan? Do they fit to the Caravan?
    And if I fit the lowered rear for the sedan to the Caravan? What does happen?

What do you mean when you say: "...but than it will be hard to find a technical reviewer, who accept these."

Sorry for so many answer and thanks again for kindness :)

Ciao
    Pier

yes, for the front springs u can use lowering springs (from the front of the sedan version) and for the rear springs u can use the original rear springs of the sedan!
    if u use, for example 40mm lowering rear springs of the sedan and fit them in the caravan u will get a lowering setting of about 80mm and more.
    so maybe to deep, because if ur caravan is fully loaded then its not rideable!

and to answer ur last question.
    before u buy a suspension-kit talk to ur Technical Control Board, because its hard not to fail the MOT with such a setting.
    sorry i haven't the right vocabulary and don't know how to explain.

maybe somebody else can say something?

Kraft kommt von Kraftstoff! :bier:

Hi Pier,
    the only official lowering springs for the estate wagon were made by Mattig, not by H&R.
    You can also use the rear lowering springs of the Kadett E estate wagon, but then you have to change the rear upper spring cup or at least the mounting mandrel of it into the part that fits for the Kadett E station wagon.
    Maybe I can see if I have a matching photo of my estate wagon with the Kadett E spring cup.
    How is it with a certificate for lowering springs? Do you need that in Italy?
    Anyway, you should show us some pictures of your Caravans ;)
    greetz

Hi Mitch
    really thanks for your writing.

From what I say I could imagine that I can't find easily the lowering springs by Mattig.

I am not so good in english as you so I don't know how it can be difficult to fit the lowering springs of the kadett E Caravan.

What do you think about the first solution said from ClearFist?

To fit at the rear the original springs of the kadett D sedan and at the front 2 lowering spring still from the sedan?

Which solution is the best, the easiest and the cheapest?

In Italy people don't know these cars so I can't have any good advise.

About the pics, I have already put those about my C Caravan which I own since 2 years; I have just bought the D Caravan and it is all original for now, so as soon as I will do the works, for sure I will show to everybody the pics.

I hope you can tell me something else I say again thank you

Greets
    Pier

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!