LCD instrument pixel/symbol problem

Hi everyone!

Maybe someone has had a problem like this and knows how to solve it.

Now, when getting colder, my LCD instrument is acting weird and during cold mornings right after startup it does not show the "fixed" pixels on the left hand side gauges - voltmeter digits, warning light symbols and all the "levelling lines" so to speak. The actual gauge reading are fine, these work. Then after a quick warmup, let's say, 5-7 minutes they slowly appear and afterwards everything is normal. I have heard that capacitors go low after some time, maybe this is the case? Or just slight bad contact to the LCD surface?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Andrams,

welcome ! I haven't seen this issue yet so I can only suggest to start with carefully cleaning / polishing all connectors.

Any corrosion might not be obvious to spot but this should help anyway. Of course you can also swap the bulbs, but they're probably fine if the issue started with lower temps.

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!