Ne -> Seh -> Xe

Hi all!

A friend of mine wants to find out if the engine block from C20NE it's the same as C20SEH and/or C20XE. Anyone care to help us and tell me if they are the same?

Hallo alle!

Ein Freund von mir möchte herausfinden, wenn der Motorblock von C20NE es derselbe wie C20SEH und/oder C20XE ist. Jedermann interessieren sich, um uns zu helfen und mir zu erklären, wenn sie dieselben sind?

Hi,

NE and SEH are the same engine blocks, but the pistons are different. The SEH engine gets a higher compression, because of the form of the piston head.
    The XE block is different as the NE/SEH block. It seams to be, that they are equal, but the oil pressure bore is different. And of corse, the piston head is different, because of the 4 valve of each cylinder.

Some guys mount the NE cylinder head on the XE block, and it seams, that the engines run, but as discribe above, the engine blocks are different.

Kadett D Kombi: Geschenkt
    E GSi Schlachtauto: 100€
    Tüv: 171€
    Anmelden: 68,60€

Die dummen Gesichter der Andern: UNBEZAHLBAR!

I know the internals are different from NE to SEH. By the way, can I find some pictures with pistons from NE and SEH?

And, if the engine head fits well from NE to XE block, shouldn't it be ok from XE to NE ?
    The oil pressure isn't given by the oil pump?
    If I install an XE oil pump in a NE block, is it ok?

As is said, other guys told, that the did so, but i can´t say anything about, that the NE cylinder head fits on the XE block or the other way.

I´ve got a NE and XE engine block in my storage. I will make some pictures, to shows the different area of the oil pressure bore. The area of the XE is bigger then the area of the NE. Therefore i think, that it doesn´t fit right.

Here a guy discribe, that he mount a cylinder head from a 1,8GTE ( engine code 18E ) engine on XE block.
    The 18E cylinder heat fits fine on the NE block.

Kadett D Kombi: Geschenkt
    E GSi Schlachtauto: 100€
    Tüv: 171€
    Anmelden: 68,60€

Die dummen Gesichter der Andern: UNBEZAHLBAR!

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!