c20ne remaping ECU (Motorsteuergerät)

no :(

hm...

about chip tunning (bordcomputer)....

mape= software for bordcomputer (ecu)

new software ( much fuel than before intake, rpm increase....)

[german]Leute, der Mann braucht Adressen wo er seinen NE Chiptunen lassen kann!;) [/german]

A little mix-up has occured here. What Opel calls "Bordcomputer" is that little gadget that goes where the clock is on cheaper Models, and tells you how much gas your engine consumes and those things. The ECU is called "Motorsteuergerät" in german, commonly abbrevated STG. The modifications you want to talk about are known as "Chip-Tuning". Enough for the language-lesson.

There are several tuning-garages in germany who offer changing the maps in your ecu. Other users will surely know links and addresses. In general, it is better to have a custom ecu map made on a dyno than buying a chip that increases gasoline flow and max rpm. But the latter version is a lot cheaper and easier to do if your not living near the river rhine. :rolleyes:

"Standartized" tuning-chips are ok if they are made for a setup as close as possible to yours. For example a stock engine equipped with Lexmaul RAM induction, 276° Lexmaul camshaft, 4-in-1 manifold and 63.5mm exaust pipe. There is an chip for this one available at Lexmaul, i believe.

But once you start modding the cylinder head or using a self-modified intake header, or if you combine a rather rare camshaft with widespread tuning parts, you better head for the dyno. After you got all the mechanical stuff done. The advantage here is ultimate use of "what-is-in-it" combined with the biggest remaining driving comfort and engine reliability.

[german]...und ich hoffe er meint nicht ob man den Bordcomputer an höhere Verbräuche anpassen kann ?( [/german]

If you already knew all this, ignore my post and wait for links poppig up in the next replies. Just felt like typing some english :D .

Entdecke alte Opels!

Ich spiele WoW kostenlos: world-of-dungeons.de

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ThaRippa ()

Supi, dann hatte ich also Recht und er will sein STG umprogrammieren lassen. Probier mal remapping, das heißt in etwa "die Kennfelder ändern". Wo bleibt der Link/Adressenhagel?

Entdecke alte Opels!

Ich spiele WoW kostenlos: world-of-dungeons.de

Thanks for correction ;)

I already know all this...... :D

I dont know any word on german..... :)

remaping ecu its possible to make at home if you know about e-eprom programiring....

Only I dont have the maps... (software for eeprom...)

I have the hardwer (unit) for program eproms but not the maps...

I need the maps....

Can you translate this post on german please :D

er würde sein stg gerne selber zuhause programmieren, die nötige eeprom-programmier-hardware hat er anscheinend. er bräuchte nur die neuen/veränderten daten für die kennfelder, also die "maps".

naja kp obs sowas gibt. aber vermtl weiss jemand mehr darüber als ich.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von carloxx ()

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!