Themen-Opel für das US-Treffen in Carlisle, PA in 2020

Achso. ;) Hab mich noch nie mit Hecktrieblern beschäftigt.

1988er Kadett GSi 16V 3-Türer // 1989er Kadett GSi 16V Cabrio // 1991er Kadett Fun 5-Türer // 1991er Kadett Caravan Club Special // 1992er Pontiac LeMans 4-door Sedan

The first test fit of the C20XE looks very promising. It went in without problems, with plenty of room to spare all around. Again, this is a test fit to make sure everything fits in place, including a new Griffin radiator and a Flex-A-Lite 15" fan with 3,000 cfm which I received today. Other goodies which will go in is an Earl's Performance Oil Cooler, a Vintage Air combined system with A/C and heater, and a new pump for the existing power steering,
    What I actually accomplished today was the installation of my 105A alternator which was already in the Rekord while it was still a CIH engine. The alternator's upper tensioning ear is actually not in the right place, but instead of buying a new one I just made my own tensioner arm. Of course it will be beautified later together with all the other brackets, either it will get a couple coats of black POR-15, or I might bring them to the powdercoater.
    So, time to jump on the recliner for today!

Dieter

Ein 2.0-16V ist nicht genug!
    Disclaimer: Der Autor dieses Beitrages hat eine gehörige Portion Humor, gepaart mit etwas Sarkasmus. Bitte nicht alles "tod-ernst" nehmen. Wir wollen ja alle unseren Spaß haben, speziell hier auf der Seite mit unseren Opels!

es es geht voran. Hab ich dass gerade richtig gelesen, Du wirst in den Rekord ein kombiniertes Klima- und Heizungssystem verbauen?
    Auf welche Komponenten willst Du da zurückgreifen? Beim verbauten C20XE kann ich mir im Moment nur die Klimaanlage vom Omega B vorstellen. Es gab zwar für den internationalen Verkauf eine Klima für den CIH aber die wird wohl im Zusammenspiel mit dem DOHC nicht zum Einsatz kommen.

Ich bin auf jedenfalls schon auf das weitere Vorgehen gespannt :thumbup:

Was installing the 3 radiators today - Oil, water, A/C. There's no pic of the oil cooler, and I'm not going down in the basement again just to get a picture. All parts were ordered from Summit Racing.
    The radiator is a Griffin universal type with 19"x19" 2-row core, the fan is a Flex-A-Lite 17" square with 15" blades, the shroud is one piece with the fan and has a nice rubber seal towards the radiator. The clou: it comes with its own adjustable electronic thermostat. Just push the probe in the radiator mesh, connect Battery, set the "On"-temp and be done.
    The A/C radiator/condenser was still available, the complete VintageAir A/C unit was still laying around in my basement from when I bought two complete systems on an extreme sale for dirt cheap years ago at the Charlotte AutoFair, on a Sunday afternoon when the VintageAir guys started to put the unsold stuff back in their truck...

Happy weekend!
    Dieter

PS fuer's Kadett Forum: Ich gebe Euch morgen Details und Bilder zur Klimaanlage.

Disclaimer: Der Autor dieses Beitrages hat eine gehörige Portion Humor, gepaart mit etwas Sarkasmus. Bitte nicht alles "tod-ernst" nehmen. Wir wollen ja alle unseren Spaß haben, speziell hier auf der Seite mit unseren Opels!

Siehe hier:
    https://www.kadett-forum.de/in…rstellung-usa/#post663632

Dieter

Hello Dieter, where are you all this time ...???
    Well, been pretty busy on the German Hecktriebler (Rear Wheel Drive Opel) Forum, trying to find Front brake rotors. My original ones are pretty shot, I have brand new replacements here, and ... they don't fit. My car was one of a few percent which was sold the option of ABS for 3,000 German Marks. Back then, that was an almost 20% addition to the base price. The spindles, wheel hubs, and brake rotors are different, and NOBODY in Germany/Europe/World still has any replacement rotors for an ABS-equipped Rekord.
    After many posts suggesting many different ways to go, our friend Kai (Commodåren) who is on this forum (Anmerkung: gemeint ist http://www.OpelGT.com) as well, brought me into converting to brakes from the Opel Omega B - which happens to have been the Cadillac Catera this side of the pond, with plenty of parts available. The Catera calipers and rotors should fit with minor modifications, and I will actually be re-using a Catera main brake cylinder and brake booster, which happens to be a left-over from when I parted out the ex-Catera from my ex-wife.

I did something else loosely Opel-related, and will post about this in the "What did you do with your Opel today" thread. Tomorrow!

Today was a good day.

Dieter

I got my new booster / master brake cylinder installed. New in the sense of "finding a used Cadillac Catera boster/cylinder in the attic" scenario, which obviously refused all these years back to be sold on ebay. I cut both brackets in half, fitted them, cut some more, and made one out of the two. Fits perfect, should work perfect, the dual Catera/Omega booster has more power than the larger single stage Rekord booster and is only 1/3 as old. And, because of the two-diameter design of it (rear cylinder is smaller than front cylinder), I don't need and can return my Summit adjustable pressure controller.

Dieter

Nein, nicht in diesem Fall. Die Bolzen im Catera BKV sind näher zusammen, die Muttern hätten schon in der Wand des Halters gestanden. Außerdem habe ich die Länge des Halters optimiert, und den Winkel, damit der BKV nirgends anliegt.

Dieter

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!